1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Student

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by KeithJD1981, Nov 30, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. KeithJD1981

KeithJD1981 Lurker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I am enrolled in an online counseling program. I am working toward my Master's in Clinical Counseling. I am in a class that has a cultural immersion project and I was asked to immerse in a culture I have little exposure to. I live in North Idaho, there are several communities I have little exposure to on the surface. But I had 10 years in the army and 12 years as a peace officer. I chose to learn about the Transgender community, as I have the least amount of exposure to this community. Covid has gotten in the way of this project, in a big way. But I have two questions:

Could you folks point me toward two videos I could watch to help inform me about the Transgender community?

Could someone point me in a direction to find a couple of people from the Transgender community to talk to regarding my immersion project.

If not, thank you for reading.

Also, I'm sorry if I posted inappropriately.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Gab-bi

Gab-bi Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    I cannot help you but just wanted to say I think it’s a goot thing that you choose the transgender community and that I like the project.
    Never heard of anything like that, must be really interesting.

3. KeithJD1981

KeithJD1981 Lurker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Gab-bi, Thank you, I appreciate your response.

It has the makes of a good project. Originally, the project would have had me go to gatherings within the community and interact personally, however as the world is in some form of lock down, but que sera. I hope to make do where I can and learn along the way.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.